Saturday 23 April 2011

Hedgerow liqueurs

I'm not going to post about them (properly) now, because I'm drained after a week of thinking building work in French, and collecting leaves when it's 32°C in full sun wasn't the most sensible thing to do!

We had a minor thunder storm last night, so I wanted to get some more ingredients in case it rains again this evening.

In honour of St George's Day, I have made an oak leaf infusion. Also: may flower, nettle and walnut leaf. The walnut leaf is supposed to be made on St John's Day, but I decided to try an early batch as all the other leaf recipes recommend young leaves.

We shall see...

I also have enough leftovers for stir-fried nettles in chilli oil with garlic and ginger, so I don't even have to think about what to have for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment